A BLOG FOR THE ASPIRING DA'EE

Sunday 19 December 2010

The Desire to Make Dawah: All My Wonders

Sister F writes beautifully on her blog All My Wonders about her desire to make dawah:

"For the past few weeks, I've had an urge to go and make dawah. I want to call people to Islam. I want to talk about Allah (swt) all the time. I love speaking about Him. I love being in the presence of people who love him. I want to tell people about Allah and his bounties. The thing is, I don't know what to say or how to say it. I lack knowledge. I lack experience. For me, I write better than I speak. I can't think on the spot nor can I convince people with my words.

I want to help our Ummah. I want to help people find their way. I want to save people from the harsh punishment of the grave. punishment on the Day of Judgement. punishment in Hellfire. I tried speaking to my mum and step-dad about working for the hereafter instead for this dunya...but only my step-dad was listening and conversing with me. I cried. I cried because I'm failing to save my families from Hellfire. I cried because I doing my best and that is still not good enough. I cried because I can't save them if they can't save themselves. I'm being patient. I know these things take time. Lots and lots of time. I know that I can't give up. I can't lose hope in Allah (swt). It is true though. Allah doesn't guide those whom you love, rather He guides those whom He wills. And that is a fact we have to accept. As we are, ultimately, His slaves after all ."

You can read her full post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment